Friday, April 07, 2006

Easter Safety

I love April! Grass turns green, a large white rabbit delivers chocolate!, my birthday is always fun and this year for the first time I share my birthday month with my little guy!! Easter is lots of fun, but I just recieved a reminder about Easter safety and wanted to share..

EASTER EGG SAFETY
*Hard-boil eggs then cool quickly. Do not let your children colour eggs that have cracked shells. *Use a colouring dye that is non-toxic.
*Store the coloured eggs in a container in the refrigerator until you're ready to hide them or eat them. If your children want to eat their Easter eggs after using them as decoration, display the eggs in a bowl of ice.
*Do not eat Easter eggs that have been out of the refrigerator for more than two hours.
*Do not eat Easter eggs with cracked shells.
FOOD SAFETY TIPS FOR EGGS -- Eggs are good for you, but like other foods, they must be handled with care! Although Salmonella is rarely found in eggs in Canada, it pays to take care. Follow these tips from Canada's food safety experts:http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/corpaffr/foodfacts/eggtipse.shtml