Thursday, August 17, 2006

Walk for Heart 2006




A special note from Kirsty, Founder of York Region Baby.

"As many of our readers know, almost 2 years ago, I lost my mother to heart disease while I was 4 months pregnant with Liam.

My mom had a known condition called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. This condition is a hereditary disease, and while myself and my sister don't have it, a few other members of my mom's family in the UK do have the disease. We'll be screening my little guy for it in the next year or so.

Last year, myself and Liam and my-mother-in-law walked the walk for my mom. And this year I am inviting all the members of the York Region Baby community to walk for themselves, their daughters, their sons, their dads, their moms and anyone else touched by Heart Disease and Stroke.

If you'd like to be a part of "Team Babypalooza" please email me. We'll be walking in Newmarket at Fairy Lake on Sunday September 24.

On top of raising money for Heart and Stroke, it's a great day to get to know other's in your community and having fun. We'll have our own prizes and gifts for people on our team! I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you."

Thanks for your support,
Kirsty & Liam