Monday, February 05, 2007

A Must Read Book for all Moms and Moms-to-be


Breaking the Good Mom Myth: Every Mom's Modern Guide to Getting Past Perfection, Regaining Sanity, and Raising Great Kids

I was so excited when I found this book by Alyson Schäfer in my stocking! (Thanks Santa!)
I've already read the book once from cover to cover and have started reading it again -- this time with sticky notes and a pencil!
I've caught Alyson's show on Rogers from time to time and from what I've seen it's a great show, with advice and help for parents. Alyson is also the resident parenting expert on the CBC's "The Gill Deacon Show" on CBC.

In Breaking the Good Mom Myth, Alyson tackles 8 myths about today's modern 'good' mother, including, the myths that "Self-Care is Selfish", "My marriage Can Wait" and my favourite, "Good Mothers Make Life Fun and Entertaining".
This is an engaging book, set to help new moms, as well as old pros and I recommend this great (Canadian) book and am going to file on my bookshelf under "U" for useful!

* Please note: If you click and buy through amazon, we do recieve a small comission.

Labels: