Thursday, September 20, 2007

Help and Supoprt for Mommies-to-be on Bedrest

I am lucky that I have seven weeks to go before baby comes, but have been put on reduced activity due to some health concerns. Baby & me are ok, just needing to be extra cautious, so I've been on the internet ALOT and wrapping up work stuff and trying to take it easy.

For the last 2 months I've been told to "take it easy" a lot by doctors, but have a clearer understanding of what that means now --ie. I am not allowed to drive, must rest lots, mustn't bend over and a few more things...

I have found a great checklist to ask your careprovider when the idea of bedrest or stopping some activities is mentioned during pregnancy. Sidelines.org is a non-profit organization providing international support for women and their families experiencing complicated pregnancies and premature births. Check out there checklist for bedrest under their resources page.

They also offer chats for moms to be on bedrest, resources, books and even colouring books for older children about what is happening.

Labels: ,